Saturday, January 29, 2011

Turning 30 (weeks)

It is with great pride that I announce that I have entered Week 30 with no stretch marks and no spider veins.

I am getting increasingly tired and more short tempered/ emotional these days. Maybe its because I am all caught up in the festive flurry and have a thousand things running through my mind. Maybe its the pregnancy hormones acting up (I watched "seducing Mr Perfect" on TV the other day and found myself shedding tears at the slightest thing). Maybe its work stress. I really don't know.

We found out this week that Hubby's bestest buddy Sharon is pregnant too. No wonder she has been complaining of tired, committing and an irritating cold that would not go away! Congrats Sharon! Weng weng will have a buddy!

With my kitchen stocked up with a ready supply of Lim Chee Guan bak kwa, pineapple tarts, green pea cookies, love letters, arrowhead chips and kueh bolu, it is not surprise that I am gaining weight. This weekend alone, I have gained 1 kg. Scary! Soon I will be hitting the scales at 70kg! I better start rationing myself.

The past few days, I have also been feeling weird contractions in my lower tummy that feel tight and constricting. After some reading up, Hubby and I have come to the conclusion that I am experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions (prelabour contractions in preparation for the real thing). As long as there's no bleeding and the pain is bearable, I guess I'm ok for now.

We visited Chan on Friday morning for another routine appointment. Weng weng was v uncooperative as usual, shielding a side of her face- this time with her foot. I wish we could get a good picture for once. Its quite worrying not to be able to see the other side of her face.

Weng Weng is still in breech position and has yet to turn head down too. If she doesn't turn head down by the time I am due, I have to go for c-section- which is more costlier and entails a longer recovery process. Sure hope Weng Weng cooperates by the next visit.

Other than that, Weng Weng is doing fine. She weighs a healthy 1.5kg and does not display any worrying symptoms. My next visit has been shortened to 3 weeks. Chan's clinic offered to give me MC but I think it is weird to notify my boss that I will be taking MC in advance. Will just take the day off.

We are trying to spruce up the house this weekend in preparation for Chinese New Year. It has been raining non stop for the past 2 days, making it challenging for us to go out of the house to run errands. Hubby has been diligently packing stuff and doing minor repairs. He looks quite cute when he's doing housework (esp with the surgical mask on). Judging from the ultrasound pictures, Weng Weng is bearing a striking resemblance to him, with her round face, chubby cheeks, big eyes and high forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment