Didn't write much for Week 29 coz it was a busy week at work. Have been working past 8pm on most days. Such a sucky life. Must learn to relax more.
Weng Weng didn't move as much as she usually does (supposed to be normal since she is getting bigger and has less space to move around in my tummy). The biggest development is my burgeoning tummy which seems to be growing by the second.
With Chinese New Year just around the corner, alot of time was spent shuttling to and fro Raffles Place MRT trying to secure my new year goodies. Since I am perpetually late for appointments and the walk to Raffles Place from my office is insanely long, I usually end up walking real fast. Does that count as exercise? =) Really have to watch my weight. Have been craving lots of chocolates and sugar drinks of late.
Attended a class conducted by Gryphon on Chinese tea appreciation last Saturday. It was quite a blah experience and the teas featured were rather disappointing. But then again, what do you expect for SGD10 per pax? The teas were paired with some Chinese New Year goodies "sponsored" by Bengawan Solo but each person was only limited to 1 miserable piece each, which we gingerly cradled in our palms like "gold". (For the record, they weren't exactly very tasty too). The speaker (this young chap who speaks good English and is probably the towkay's son) was quite engaging and made the session quite interesting. I learnt about the different kinds of tea and their different storage and brewing methods. Also realised (to my horror) that I should be cutting down on green tea as it is deemed too "cooling" for preggies like me.
Also found this interesting link on what Chinese teas go well with your food
http://www.cnngo.com/hong-kong/drink/12-things-about-tea-your-local-dim-sum-restaurateur-wont-tell-you-417281
Dan's bestest buddy Sharon came back from Australia and we met up with her for dinner at Kim Choo's on Saturday evening. Spied some really wicked looking hae bee hiam parcels at Rumah Bebe and have been eying them since. Maybe if I kick up enough of a fuss, Hubby will get em for me (together with some Puteri Mas durian puffs which are along the way) =) A pregnant woman's got to cave in to her cravings once in awhile right?
It's funny how tastebuds change during pregnancy. I am now not adverse to salads (used to hate them). Meatwise, I totally detest fish but seem to have developed a strange liking for pork- esp fatty ones =) Spicy food no longer attracts me and I do not enjoy sour tangy food like Tom Yam Soup anymore. My least favorite cuisine is Korean food..somehow the thought of eating bibimbap makes me feel like puking. The top 2 favorite dining spots on radar now are Ootoya (love the grilled chicken!) and Soup Restaurant (supposed to be nourishing for baby). I am seriously thinking of buying Soup Restaurant shares so I can be entitled to a 15% dining discount when I dine there.
Weng weng had her first taste of foie gras last Sunday at Basalico restaurant. The Sunday brunch there is surprisingly yum. I'm not a fan of Italian food but must confess that I was totally blown away by the pasta with truffle sauce, lasagne, Italian gelato, scallops on shell and grilled chicken. Now toying with the idea of holding Weng weng's first month bash at Regent.
Instead of naming Weng weng "Kaira", we are now thinking of calling her "Kai Lynn" instead, (Kailynn means slender) At the rate her parents eat and enjoy food, don't think she will be a slender baby.
Weng Weng didn't move as much as she usually does (supposed to be normal since she is getting bigger and has less space to move around in my tummy). The biggest development is my burgeoning tummy which seems to be growing by the second.
With Chinese New Year just around the corner, alot of time was spent shuttling to and fro Raffles Place MRT trying to secure my new year goodies. Since I am perpetually late for appointments and the walk to Raffles Place from my office is insanely long, I usually end up walking real fast. Does that count as exercise? =) Really have to watch my weight. Have been craving lots of chocolates and sugar drinks of late.
Attended a class conducted by Gryphon on Chinese tea appreciation last Saturday. It was quite a blah experience and the teas featured were rather disappointing. But then again, what do you expect for SGD10 per pax? The teas were paired with some Chinese New Year goodies "sponsored" by Bengawan Solo but each person was only limited to 1 miserable piece each, which we gingerly cradled in our palms like "gold". (For the record, they weren't exactly very tasty too). The speaker (this young chap who speaks good English and is probably the towkay's son) was quite engaging and made the session quite interesting. I learnt about the different kinds of tea and their different storage and brewing methods. Also realised (to my horror) that I should be cutting down on green tea as it is deemed too "cooling" for preggies like me.
Also found this interesting link on what Chinese teas go well with your food
http://www.cnngo.com/hong-kong/drink/12-things-about-tea-your-local-dim-sum-restaurateur-wont-tell-you-417281
Dan's bestest buddy Sharon came back from Australia and we met up with her for dinner at Kim Choo's on Saturday evening. Spied some really wicked looking hae bee hiam parcels at Rumah Bebe and have been eying them since. Maybe if I kick up enough of a fuss, Hubby will get em for me (together with some Puteri Mas durian puffs which are along the way) =) A pregnant woman's got to cave in to her cravings once in awhile right?
It's funny how tastebuds change during pregnancy. I am now not adverse to salads (used to hate them). Meatwise, I totally detest fish but seem to have developed a strange liking for pork- esp fatty ones =) Spicy food no longer attracts me and I do not enjoy sour tangy food like Tom Yam Soup anymore. My least favorite cuisine is Korean food..somehow the thought of eating bibimbap makes me feel like puking. The top 2 favorite dining spots on radar now are Ootoya (love the grilled chicken!) and Soup Restaurant (supposed to be nourishing for baby). I am seriously thinking of buying Soup Restaurant shares so I can be entitled to a 15% dining discount when I dine there.
Weng weng had her first taste of foie gras last Sunday at Basalico restaurant. The Sunday brunch there is surprisingly yum. I'm not a fan of Italian food but must confess that I was totally blown away by the pasta with truffle sauce, lasagne, Italian gelato, scallops on shell and grilled chicken. Now toying with the idea of holding Weng weng's first month bash at Regent.
Instead of naming Weng weng "Kaira", we are now thinking of calling her "Kai Lynn" instead, (Kailynn means slender) At the rate her parents eat and enjoy food, don't think she will be a slender baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment