It is Chinese New Year week this week and our 4-day long weekend (starting from Thurs to Sunday) has been just crazy.
Like most other worker bees, I was given half day off on CNY eve. Hubby however declared the day off for himself and his staff. He was in "hyper packing" mode when I got home so I tried to help him wherever possible. We hopped over to my in laws place in the evening where we had reunion dinner (Soup Restaurant and Seafood International takeaways) and a round of mahjong.
Thursday itself was spent visiting Hubby's relatives, congregating at his mom's place for a mass dinner and more mahjong.
Friday was devoted to my side of the family. We left home at 1130am and only got home at 9pm, visiting 5 places in the process! Crazy!
On Saturday, Hubby invited some close friends and office staff over. The morning flew by in a frenzy as Hubby, I and my in law's maid did our best to do some last minute cleaning before the guests arrived. The turnout was surprisingly good, with over 30 pax showing up. As usual, I (the food coordinator) morphed into a gan cheong spider and couldn't relax until my legs started giving way around midnight.
Today is Sunday and our day is still far from over. We have a one year old's birthday party to attend (lunch buffet at Cafe Biz!) and 2 places to visit thereafter. Looks like a moderately busy day ahead.
I wonder what Chinese New Year will be like next year with Weng Weng around. As a one year old, she will probably be able to appreciate some of the sights and sounds.
Weng weng has been very well behaved this third trimester, creating minimal discomfort for me. I don't take it for granted at all and can only hope my delivery can be just as smooth.
People commented that my tummy looks really small for a 8 month preggie. As long as Chan doesn't raise any alarm bells, Hubby and I are happy. Less weight gain during pregnancy means less weight loss woes after pregnancy.
Quite envious when I hear of people who take 1 year no pay leave (or permanently resign from their jobs) to care for their newborns. We are hiring a maid and have ample caregiver support from our parents so I guess I should cut down on the complaining.
Like most other worker bees, I was given half day off on CNY eve. Hubby however declared the day off for himself and his staff. He was in "hyper packing" mode when I got home so I tried to help him wherever possible. We hopped over to my in laws place in the evening where we had reunion dinner (Soup Restaurant and Seafood International takeaways) and a round of mahjong.
Thursday itself was spent visiting Hubby's relatives, congregating at his mom's place for a mass dinner and more mahjong.
Friday was devoted to my side of the family. We left home at 1130am and only got home at 9pm, visiting 5 places in the process! Crazy!
On Saturday, Hubby invited some close friends and office staff over. The morning flew by in a frenzy as Hubby, I and my in law's maid did our best to do some last minute cleaning before the guests arrived. The turnout was surprisingly good, with over 30 pax showing up. As usual, I (the food coordinator) morphed into a gan cheong spider and couldn't relax until my legs started giving way around midnight.
Today is Sunday and our day is still far from over. We have a one year old's birthday party to attend (lunch buffet at Cafe Biz!) and 2 places to visit thereafter. Looks like a moderately busy day ahead.
I wonder what Chinese New Year will be like next year with Weng Weng around. As a one year old, she will probably be able to appreciate some of the sights and sounds.
Weng weng has been very well behaved this third trimester, creating minimal discomfort for me. I don't take it for granted at all and can only hope my delivery can be just as smooth.
People commented that my tummy looks really small for a 8 month preggie. As long as Chan doesn't raise any alarm bells, Hubby and I are happy. Less weight gain during pregnancy means less weight loss woes after pregnancy.
Quite envious when I hear of people who take 1 year no pay leave (or permanently resign from their jobs) to care for their newborns. We are hiring a maid and have ample caregiver support from our parents so I guess I should cut down on the complaining.
No comments:
Post a Comment