Sunday, May 19, 2013

Week 39 update

During the last checkup, Chan predicted that I would give birth anytime within the week.

We've reached the end of the week (its a balmy sunday afternoon at 630pm) and there is naught a contraction in sight.

Hubby is mighty disappointed. Being the gan cheong spider that he is, he has been on tenterhooks the whole week, doing his best to ensure I can get to the hospital (if need be) at the shortest notice. He even wanted me to stop work earlier than Thursday but I managed to convince him otherwise. We have a bet in place whereby if I don't deliver by 6pm today, he will have to buy me a S$1000 gift (conversely if I deliver before that, I owe him a S$1000 gift).

WOOT. I win.

Chan seems to be an advocate of inducing. I'm only due on 25 May 2013 but during the checkup yesterday, he casually told me to check in on Monday(tomorrow) at 6am to be induced since my placenta was showing signs of calcification (like brown spots on an overripe banana)

I was a little disappointed since I was hoping to enjoy some additional time relaxing and preparing myself for the baby's arrival. That being said, its actually not a bad idea to be induced. You get to check in at your own leisure without much fanfare, fuss and most importantly-pain.

This being the second delivery, Chan reckons it should not take as long as the first. When I had Kai Lynn I was induced the night before but my cervix was so tightly shut that I only successfully delivered at 7+pm the following evening. Chan reckons the waiting game for Kai Jynn will only take under 4 hours.

For the record, my last meal (before checking into hospital) took place in Changi Airport Terminal 3 (Ya Kun) where I ate my favorite kaya butter toast with milo bing. I  didn't take dinner that night as I was feeling too bloated.

Stay tuned for the birth story.



No comments:

Post a Comment