Friday, May 10, 2013

Week 38 update

I'm at Week 38 now. The countdown has begun.

This coming Thursday will be my last day and work and I'm quite looking forward to it. Conducted a handover session with my colleagues yesterday and everyone has been incredibly understanding despite the avalanche of work ahead.

From the food frontier it has been a surprisingly great week too.

I've been gorging on glorious food like there's no tomorrow. Starting with sumptous nasi padang at Warung Nasir (Killiney) last Sunday, I moved on to spicy sichuan steamboat on rainy Tues (Magic Chongqing hotpot, Tanglin shopping centre), hearty French fare on Weds (Le Bistrot @ Stadium Walk), Japanese hot stone rice paired with my favorite "Druggie" pancakes on Thurs and atas Teochew porridge (Chui Huay Lin Club) yesterday (Friday). This evening, we'll be meeting up with some friends at a watering hole called The Merry Men which purportedly serves killer fries and molten chocolate cake. I can't wait.

Starting this week, I will be seeing Chan on a weekly basis. I visit his clinic with trepidation today as I'm worried he'll check me in and induce me any moment. There's still so much I want to do before I pop.

My tummy still seems to be blossoming at an alarming rate. It is definitely bigger this time round. People throw me sympathetic looks and make way for me everywhere I go, which makes me a little self conscious at times. My trusty elastic pants are starting to feel too tight for comfort too. It doesn't make sense to buy more maternity clothes now since I'm already at the tail end of my pregnancy so I think I'll just suck it in.

The additional weight is also starting to severely impact my mobility. I can't deftly glide out of bed and make milk for Kai Lynn in the wee hours of the morning anymore. It takes some time and effort to hoist myself out of bed these days. Even putting on a pair of bottoms is literally a pain in the ass. Besides my burgeoning tummy,  my swollen feet are also a sight for the eyes.  I feel like I am walking around with tumors. My feet are literally spilling out of my working shoes and feel especially pudgy at night. Thank goodness they don't feel as painful as they look.

During the last checkup (Week 37) Kai Jynn weighed 3 kg. This time, I suspect he will be 3.5 kg. At this rate, he might be 4 kg when he is born. Eeks.

We've been prepping Kai Lynn for Kai Jynn's arrival but given her young age, she still seems blissfully unaware of what lies ahead. We tell her that there is an egg in my stomach. Sometimes she assumes the role of a protective guardian and will hug and kiss the egg. Other times, she thinks it is a big joke and intentionally screams or bangs into my tummy. Overall, its hilarious. I recently bought her a book to prepare for No 2's arrival ("There's a house in mummy's tummy"). She seems to be getting it slowly. We will definitely do our best to ensure her interests are not compromised by No 2's arrival.

For the past 2 weeks, I've been diligently taking either green grapes, coconut or birds nest on a daily basis. Apparently this is supposed to ensure the baby comes out "clean" (no sticky residue) and less prone to allergies. We shall see.




No comments:

Post a Comment