Have been clocking in insane hours at work. Am usually the first to reach (ard 745am) and one of the last to leave (ard 815pm). My body feels energetic and light in the first half of the day but quickly deteriorates in the second half. By evening, I am limping and my nightfall, I am waddling around like a hapless duck. All I want to do when I get home after dinner is change out into sleeping clothes and tuck in.
There's lots to update on Weng Weng's progress. She has now grown to a tubby 3.2kg chick and looks rather cute (but still grumpy). She is moving much more vigorously in my tummy now, especially after I eat sweet and cold stuff (my current favorite being ice passion fruit tea from Heaven and Earth). I can actually feel her joints popping out from my tummy sometimes.
Like her dad, Weng Weng is showing nocturnal instincts. She is especially active from dinner time onwards but has been kind enough to let me enjoy a restful sleep (I only wake up once every night for a toilet break). Hubby is still a little awkward interacting with her. When he talks to her, he actually shouts at my stomach (the most common phrase being "Quickly come out!" and when he tries to stimulate her, he taps my tummy quite roughly). He recently shared with me that whenever I tell people I am going to pop, he pictures Weng Weng as a ripening pimple that is going to explode with pus. Gross.
Foodwise, I have been gorging quite abit. In the past week, I have gained 2 kilos- which I largely attribute to an increased intake of chocolates, ice cream and buffets, of which only 200g went to Weng Weng. In total, I have put on 6 kilos. Needless to say, Chan is not very pleased. He did quite a thorough scan during the Week 38 checkup and told me that Weng Weng is ready to be delivered anytime. He also checked my cervix for dilation, (1cm) - a most uncomfortable procedure that involves him sticking his fingers into my privates. I suspect he will do it again next Wednesday during my checkup. He said that if Weng Weng is not out by Wednesday, he will induce me on Thursday (31Mar11).
I am scared stiff but put my faith in epidural and Chan's legendary stitching skills.
Will be doing my best to enjoy my favorite foods over the next few days. Will be having steamboat tonight with my in laws and peking duck with my folks on Monday. Also looking forward to eating some scones.
Foodwise, I have been gorging quite abit. In the past week, I have gained 2 kilos- which I largely attribute to an increased intake of chocolates, ice cream and buffets, of which only 200g went to Weng Weng. In total, I have put on 6 kilos. Needless to say, Chan is not very pleased. He did quite a thorough scan during the Week 38 checkup and told me that Weng Weng is ready to be delivered anytime. He also checked my cervix for dilation, (1cm) - a most uncomfortable procedure that involves him sticking his fingers into my privates. I suspect he will do it again next Wednesday during my checkup. He said that if Weng Weng is not out by Wednesday, he will induce me on Thursday (31Mar11).
I am scared stiff but put my faith in epidural and Chan's legendary stitching skills.
Will be doing my best to enjoy my favorite foods over the next few days. Will be having steamboat tonight with my in laws and peking duck with my folks on Monday. Also looking forward to eating some scones.
No comments:
Post a Comment