The extra weight is getting a little too overwhelming for me. After lying on the bed for too long, I have problem getting out. Both my legs hurt even when I try to put on my pants after bathing.
Have also been hearing "horror stories" of friends who delivered at Week 36- without any warning! Some were getting ready to go on holiday while others were just working in office when their waterbag burst.
All this is making me feel increasingly nervous. Preparation for Weng Weng's arrival has thus taken on an accelerated pace. I am almost done hand washing her little clothes and have started washing her nappies and towels. My delivery bag is half packed (still need to buy disposable maternity undies and button down Pjs) but I guess these can be put together relatively quickly.
Our maid (Jessica Simba) who was supposed to come anytime this week is not able to make it anymore because she failed the medical test. Apparently she has Hepatitis B. Thankfully, with my in law's help, I found a replacement (Judith) at relatively short notice. I think Judith's credentials are even better than Jessica's. After speaking with her, I find her pleasant and proficient in English. It also helps that she is not a single mother and has taken a midwifery course before.
We finally decided to sign up with Cordlife. The plans are pretty interesting. All of them last for 21 years but there are 3 different payment methods. If you choose to pay for the full 21 years upfront, you get a sizeable discount of around SGD1000. Alternatively, you can opt to pay 10 years upfront (and top up SGD250/year from Year 11-21) at a lower discount of SGD300. The last option is priciest but lets you pay on annual basis (SGD1125 upfront plus SGD250/year from Year 1-21).
After some careful deliberation we decided to go with the annual plan. Cord life technology is still in its preliminary phase and has only been used successfully once. Besides, there is a chance that there might be further medical breakthroughs in the medium term which render cordlife obselete. Since there is no penalty if we decide not to continue servicing our annual premiums., we do not mind paying a little more for the added flexibility. Chan recommended that we go with Cordlife instead of Stemcord as Cordlife is more accredited and more professionally run.
During the checkup with Chan yesterday, Weng Weng was quite co-operative. She was momentarily awake and Chan managed to spot her double eyelids when her eyes opened. He was also able to take quite a good shot of her. As usual, she sports munchkin cheeks. She now weighs a hefty 3kilos and is in engaged position. Chan says there is a high chance she will come out before the EDD of 6 April and be a March hare. Both hubby and I like the idea of a March baby.
The next appointment is in 1 week's time. Keep telling Weng Weng not to come out so fast so I can at least submit my review first. Hope she co-operates.
Have also been hearing "horror stories" of friends who delivered at Week 36- without any warning! Some were getting ready to go on holiday while others were just working in office when their waterbag burst.
All this is making me feel increasingly nervous. Preparation for Weng Weng's arrival has thus taken on an accelerated pace. I am almost done hand washing her little clothes and have started washing her nappies and towels. My delivery bag is half packed (still need to buy disposable maternity undies and button down Pjs) but I guess these can be put together relatively quickly.
Our maid (Jessica Simba) who was supposed to come anytime this week is not able to make it anymore because she failed the medical test. Apparently she has Hepatitis B. Thankfully, with my in law's help, I found a replacement (Judith) at relatively short notice. I think Judith's credentials are even better than Jessica's. After speaking with her, I find her pleasant and proficient in English. It also helps that she is not a single mother and has taken a midwifery course before.
We finally decided to sign up with Cordlife. The plans are pretty interesting. All of them last for 21 years but there are 3 different payment methods. If you choose to pay for the full 21 years upfront, you get a sizeable discount of around SGD1000. Alternatively, you can opt to pay 10 years upfront (and top up SGD250/year from Year 11-21) at a lower discount of SGD300. The last option is priciest but lets you pay on annual basis (SGD1125 upfront plus SGD250/year from Year 1-21).
After some careful deliberation we decided to go with the annual plan. Cord life technology is still in its preliminary phase and has only been used successfully once. Besides, there is a chance that there might be further medical breakthroughs in the medium term which render cordlife obselete. Since there is no penalty if we decide not to continue servicing our annual premiums., we do not mind paying a little more for the added flexibility. Chan recommended that we go with Cordlife instead of Stemcord as Cordlife is more accredited and more professionally run.
During the checkup with Chan yesterday, Weng Weng was quite co-operative. She was momentarily awake and Chan managed to spot her double eyelids when her eyes opened. He was also able to take quite a good shot of her. As usual, she sports munchkin cheeks. She now weighs a hefty 3kilos and is in engaged position. Chan says there is a high chance she will come out before the EDD of 6 April and be a March hare. Both hubby and I like the idea of a March baby.
The next appointment is in 1 week's time. Keep telling Weng Weng not to come out so fast so I can at least submit my review first. Hope she co-operates.
No comments:
Post a Comment