Thursday, September 9, 2010

Breaking the News

I finally told my boss I was pregnant this week.

She's going on leave for the whole of next week so I thought it would be a good opportunity to break the news to her before she left. Since she's known to start work early, I arrived in office extra early that day and crept over to her desk.

When I finally managed to muster the guts to blurt out the dreaded words ("Boss, I'm pregnant"), her response was the best anyone could ever expect. She burst into a radiant smile and clapped her hands in joy. "Well Done" were her first words. She then proceeded to rattle tips on how to better take care of oneself during this crucial first trimester.

My boss has always been pro family. She's a mother of 3 lovely kids and works flexi hours from home sometimes. We sometimes call her superwoman because she seems to juggle work and family so seamlessly. To receive such a response from her was not unexpected but I always prepare myself for the worst.

Immediately, I was flooded with relief. Mission accomplished!

The next step is to plan how to break this news to the RM I am supporting. Its going to be a tricky one since she has been trying to conceive unsuccessfully for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment