Friday, September 19, 2014

The difference between Harry and Sally

I'm no guru when it comes to gender behavior but based on my personal experience, girls and boys are really wired very differently.

Kai Lynn resembles a cat and indeed, it is also her favorite animal. She is cautious, sensitive and loved to be pampered. She's crouches into a ball and whimpers when she's scolded. A born actress, she role plays with such conviction that she can cry on demand (the tearsdrops are huge, mind you) Her vocabulary is also incredible and she has elephant memory. 


Kai Jynn on the other hand grunts more often than he talks, preferring to express his feelings through action rather than words. He charges at danger with wild abandon and loves to fiddle with bottle caps and small trinkets. His motor skills are definitely better than his sister's and he is single minded in his resolve, which can prove trying at times. What sets apart this little guy from the other little guys is his soft spot for flowers (I'm hoping this continues into adulthood so mummy gets flowers all the time).



I love the fact that I can embrace the best of both worlds and celebrate their differences. It will be interesting to see  what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment