To accommodate both sides of the family as well as our friends, Hubby and I decided to split the celebrations into 2 , one for his side and one for mine. The first celebration took place on Sat 30 April 2011 (60 adults excluding kids) at Windows by the Park. The second one took place on Sat 14 May 2011 (80 adults excluding kids) at 10 at Claymore.
I personally preferred the second one held at 10 at Claymore- I had the undivided attention of the restaurant manager, the spread was good (athough there was no sashimi), we got the whole restaurant to ourselves and there was complimentary parking. The price was also cheaper at SGD21+++ per pax.
and the ubiquitous chocolate fondue for kiddos and the young at heart (complete with macarons and lollies)As first month favors, we decided against handing out the usual Bengawan Solo Cake vouchers. Instead, I bought Cedele vouchers for my colleagues (since there is a Cedele's conveniently located at the bottom of our office building). The design of Cedele's vouchers bears a baby centric theme and the price range (SGD13.80 onwards for a small loaf) is quite similar to Bengawan's. I am however kicking myself for not signing up as a Cedele member prior to buying the vouchers, thus missing out on a substantial amount of rebates.
In addition to the above, my mom also specially requested for traditional favors to be handed out to her relatives. Whilst modern alternatives like Choz and Sweetest Moments offer fantastic value for their attractive packaging and palatable sweets, I decided to go with Rich and Good Cakeshop in the end. Give me a kaya swiss roll over a fruit tart, brownie or walnut cake anytime.
All 45 boxes were distributed in a flash.


Hi,
ReplyDeleteCan I check who was the person you liaise with for your 10 at Claymore baby celebration? I understand that you managed to get the whole restaurant for the celebrations? Did you have to request for it? Do you mind sharing with us what was roughly the menu and were you offered any discounts? Thanks in advance.
Changs
Hi Gerald do contact the manager Iqbal at 67370811. He is very helpful. As long as u have 80 paying guests u get the whole restaurant to urself. Iqbal can email u e menu upon request.
ReplyDelete