Friday, March 11, 2011

Week 35

Week 35 has been a lousy one for me...

Work is starting to get to me really bad. I wake up with stress pangs almost every night. Worst of all, there has been a persistant pain in my pelvic area (probably due to the baby's position) which causes me to limp intermittently. Really take my hat off to those gungho mothers who can endure long rides in public transport to work at this stage of pregnancy.

Checkups with Chan have now become fortnightly affairs. Weng weng is developing nicely at 2.5kg and there is a high chance that she may be born 1-2 weeks earlier. i.e. end March. My weight has also somewhat plateaued (I only gained 0.3kg in the past 2 weeks) We also managed to take a good full face shot of Weng weng. Unfortunately she was scowling. Looks like this will be one grumpy baby.

One of the key highlights of the week was getting my bonus letter on Friday. It was a handsome payout for me...more than I have ever gotten in my working life (and it even came with an increment). Strangely, I didn't feel exceptionally ecstatic that day. Perhaps I was just feeling too burnt out. Hubby on the other hand was bursting with joy. This unexpected bonus will definitely help in alleviating the costs of raising a newborn.

Hubby morphed into a gan cheong spider on Saturday, setting his sights on running numerous errands all over Singapore, some of which involved picking up hand me downs from his cousin, buying a new computer (and setting it up) for his parents as well as buying a new fan for the baby room. As his reluctant partner in crime, I was made to tag along (albeit with a grouchy face). The following weekend doesn't look any better- have to start moving baby stuff back from my in laws place and packing my hospital bag. Hope I will survive.

In the meantime work continues to worry me. I'm terrified that I will deliver much earlier than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment