I threw a mini tantrum last night.
It wasn't a big one but it was serious enough for Hubby to stop what he was doing (playing Starcraft) and rush over to my side.
It all started in the morning. I literally woke up at the wrong side of the bed (I usually sleep on the left side but Hubby and I switched spots the night before so he could be nearer the fan). After waking up and peeing at 4am (my usual routine), I tried to go back to sleep but to no avail.
Since it was still early and was the start of a weekend, I decided not to force myself to sleep and trooped over to the adjourning study room to do some light surfing. When I started to feel drowsy again, I curled up on the sofa to sleep and managed to catch a few winks. At 7am, Hubby woke me up and I quickly headed back to my good ol bed to reclaim my rightful "side".
Unfortunately, Hubby wouldn't leave me alone and was intent on starting the day in full swing. He called the part time domestic help over to clean the house and asked me to heat up some food for him. By the time I had finished these chores, I was starting to feel rather cranky and couldn't get myself to sleep again. After my bath, I started watching a Korean DVD and developed an excruciating headache in the process.
At 4pm, I suddenly realised I had forgotten to take my daily prenatal vitamins. Since I had not eaten anything throughout the day (safe for an orange and some light crackers), I was a little worried that the vitamins would be difficult to stomach. This proved to be the case as I threw up my vitamins 3 hours later. It was a disgusting bitter mess that probably ranks as one of my worst puking experiences ever.
By then, the headache was starting to get worse. (Note: Dr Chan says its ok to take panadol but I decided to skip it because I didn't want to compromise the baby's well being).
The light throbbing was started to feel like persistent hammering.
At 8pm, I lost it and called Hubby out.
Hubby was super understanding and just sat beside me with a woeful look on his face. After I shed some tears, I felt slightly satiated and decided to take up Hubby's suggestion to go for a walk.
Tampines One was packed (as usual) on a Saturday night. Despite that fact that it was already 830pm, there were still hordes of people queuing up outside the restaurants. Hubby finally managed to secure us a table in the food court but its position was far from ideal- just in front of the clearing station, where irate cleaners were clumsily sorting dirty dishes and uttering profanities.
After a quick dinner (I could only stomach some porridge and cabbage), Hubby and I headed home. I took a bath and turned in almost immediately.
Poor Hubby must have breathed a huge sigh of relief the moment I (the monster) fell into a slumber.
This morning, after sleeping on the right side of the bed for 10 hours straight, I feel refreshed and happier. The headache is gone and I have lost a kilo!
I still can't really feel that baby yet (except when I sneeze) and at 16 weeks, my stomach is not popping out like it should (is this a cause for concern?). No one thinks I look pregnant and I can still comfortably fit into most of my working clothes.
I'm not sure if I am ready to look pregnant. Its a vanity thing.
It wasn't a big one but it was serious enough for Hubby to stop what he was doing (playing Starcraft) and rush over to my side.
It all started in the morning. I literally woke up at the wrong side of the bed (I usually sleep on the left side but Hubby and I switched spots the night before so he could be nearer the fan). After waking up and peeing at 4am (my usual routine), I tried to go back to sleep but to no avail.
Since it was still early and was the start of a weekend, I decided not to force myself to sleep and trooped over to the adjourning study room to do some light surfing. When I started to feel drowsy again, I curled up on the sofa to sleep and managed to catch a few winks. At 7am, Hubby woke me up and I quickly headed back to my good ol bed to reclaim my rightful "side".
Unfortunately, Hubby wouldn't leave me alone and was intent on starting the day in full swing. He called the part time domestic help over to clean the house and asked me to heat up some food for him. By the time I had finished these chores, I was starting to feel rather cranky and couldn't get myself to sleep again. After my bath, I started watching a Korean DVD and developed an excruciating headache in the process.
At 4pm, I suddenly realised I had forgotten to take my daily prenatal vitamins. Since I had not eaten anything throughout the day (safe for an orange and some light crackers), I was a little worried that the vitamins would be difficult to stomach. This proved to be the case as I threw up my vitamins 3 hours later. It was a disgusting bitter mess that probably ranks as one of my worst puking experiences ever.
By then, the headache was starting to get worse. (Note: Dr Chan says its ok to take panadol but I decided to skip it because I didn't want to compromise the baby's well being).
The light throbbing was started to feel like persistent hammering.
At 8pm, I lost it and called Hubby out.
Hubby was super understanding and just sat beside me with a woeful look on his face. After I shed some tears, I felt slightly satiated and decided to take up Hubby's suggestion to go for a walk.
Tampines One was packed (as usual) on a Saturday night. Despite that fact that it was already 830pm, there were still hordes of people queuing up outside the restaurants. Hubby finally managed to secure us a table in the food court but its position was far from ideal- just in front of the clearing station, where irate cleaners were clumsily sorting dirty dishes and uttering profanities.
After a quick dinner (I could only stomach some porridge and cabbage), Hubby and I headed home. I took a bath and turned in almost immediately.
Poor Hubby must have breathed a huge sigh of relief the moment I (the monster) fell into a slumber.
This morning, after sleeping on the right side of the bed for 10 hours straight, I feel refreshed and happier. The headache is gone and I have lost a kilo!
I still can't really feel that baby yet (except when I sneeze) and at 16 weeks, my stomach is not popping out like it should (is this a cause for concern?). No one thinks I look pregnant and I can still comfortably fit into most of my working clothes.
I'm not sure if I am ready to look pregnant. Its a vanity thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment