Week 17 has been an eventful week of sorts.
More for me rather than the baby.
Thanks to the haze last weekend, my body starting rebelling on me. Hubby likewise complained of bad sinus last weekend. MIL's birthday dinner was thus unceremoniously held at home with a bunch of sniffling adults and a pathetic Swensens ice cream cake.
Received a letter from my boss on Mon morning informing me I have been promoted. Instead of feeling ecstatic, I suddenly felt very stressed. I know I deserve the promotion but the increased expectation that comes with it and the fact I am no longer as productive as before makes me feel like I have to work even harder to make up for it.
As the week progressed, my cough starting getting worse and the accompanying sore throat and runny nose could not be quelled by water and diligent doses of manuka honey every night.
On Thursday morning, I finally gave up and saw a doctor near my office. He prescribed me so antibiotics and some symptomatic medicine. Since I am 4 months pregnant, the medication was mild and recovery would be slower. I was given 2 days MC and told to get plenty of rest.
This is the first time I am taking MC since I got pregnant. Whilst I am grateful for the break (long weekend!), I am a little disappointed at myself for not taking good care of my health and compromising the baby's well being now.
I must take better care of myself after I recover.
Haven't been able to feel the baby much this week. Hope its not traumatised by my incessant coughing, which has started to irritate Hubby. The cough is still quite bad at night (usually take an hour before I can actually sleep) but my condition is definitely improving.
My stomach is slightly bigger but no one would be able to tell I am pregnant yet. =)
I finally found my confinement lady on Thursday- recommended by my colleague Yeok Koon. He recently engaged her services after his wife delivered in April. She's called Auntie Kelly and is purportedly a cheerful, clean and easy going Johor-ian. Her charges of SGD2000 are very reasonable too.
More for me rather than the baby.
Thanks to the haze last weekend, my body starting rebelling on me. Hubby likewise complained of bad sinus last weekend. MIL's birthday dinner was thus unceremoniously held at home with a bunch of sniffling adults and a pathetic Swensens ice cream cake.
Received a letter from my boss on Mon morning informing me I have been promoted. Instead of feeling ecstatic, I suddenly felt very stressed. I know I deserve the promotion but the increased expectation that comes with it and the fact I am no longer as productive as before makes me feel like I have to work even harder to make up for it.
As the week progressed, my cough starting getting worse and the accompanying sore throat and runny nose could not be quelled by water and diligent doses of manuka honey every night.
On Thursday morning, I finally gave up and saw a doctor near my office. He prescribed me so antibiotics and some symptomatic medicine. Since I am 4 months pregnant, the medication was mild and recovery would be slower. I was given 2 days MC and told to get plenty of rest.
This is the first time I am taking MC since I got pregnant. Whilst I am grateful for the break (long weekend!), I am a little disappointed at myself for not taking good care of my health and compromising the baby's well being now.
I must take better care of myself after I recover.
Haven't been able to feel the baby much this week. Hope its not traumatised by my incessant coughing, which has started to irritate Hubby. The cough is still quite bad at night (usually take an hour before I can actually sleep) but my condition is definitely improving.
My stomach is slightly bigger but no one would be able to tell I am pregnant yet. =)
I finally found my confinement lady on Thursday- recommended by my colleague Yeok Koon. He recently engaged her services after his wife delivered in April. She's called Auntie Kelly and is purportedly a cheerful, clean and easy going Johor-ian. Her charges of SGD2000 are very reasonable too.
No comments:
Post a Comment